Everyone has a role in making health care safe at Peterson Regional Medical Center - physicians, nurses, technicians, administrators, directors, support staff, and volunteers. Corporate Compliance is a mechanism to ensure compliance with laws and regulations that are outlined by the Federal Government. A primary focus is to prevent any fraudulent or abusive practices. Corporate Compliance is important. Our patients need to know we continuously strive to provide what is medically, legally, and ethically correct to the best of our ability.
Recognizing a Violation:
- Duplicate billing.
- Charging for one service while delivering another.
- Billing for a service not rendered.
- Medically unnecessary procedures.
- Test orders not ordered by attending physicians.
- The misuse of standardized coding to receive higher payment.
- Inappropriate or insufficient discharge planning.
- Unbundling of charges in order to receive higher payments.
- No documentation of care.
- Documentation not accompanying test order
- Denying Patients Freedom of Choice.
Reporting a Violation: