Time on your hands?
Peterson is built on the volunteer services of others. Join the more than 100 volunteers each year who donate their time to help fulfill our mission. Whether you want to work one-on-one, with patients and visitors or prefer to serve the hospital behind the scenes, you will discover that volunteers really make an impact here.
Call our Volunteer Coordinator, Judy-Jones Amason at 830-258-7630 to learn more about the multitude of opportunities including:
- Join the PRMC Auxiliary - From meeting and greeting at our front reception desk, working in our trendy gift shop, or assisting with hospital services such as the Ambulatory Care Center, Hospice, Home Care and Women's Services to helping families of patients in our surgery waiting room, the Auxiliary supports our needs with a warm and sincere smile, while dedicating thousands of hours to support PRMC.
- Be a Hospice Volunteer - Hospice Volunteers find it personally gratifying, intellectually stimulating and emotionally meaningful to assist those in need at a critical point in their lives. Participants range in age from stay-at-home moms, working professionals, or retirees. Some volunteers have professional skills or specialized expertise, but most are just people who want to help their friends and neighbors and serve the community. Peterson Hospice has a wide variety of opportunities available for local hospice volunteers including:
- Patient Visitation- Floral Program
- Thrift Store
- Bereavement Program - adult and children
- Pathways - a program providing volunteers with life-limiting illnesses
- No One Dies Alone
- Administrative Duties
Become a part of this active volunteer corps! Learn more about our volunteer opportunities here! Volunteer With Us!
Return to Ways to Give home